Moving from your old home to the new house can be an overwhelming experience. Just like every other item, you need to pack the clothes in a proper way too. If you do not know about how to pack the clothes in the right way, then you are the right place. So, what is the best way to pack clothes for moving? You need to know the right method of packing the clothes to keep the clothes perfectly folded and safe.
What is the Best Way to Pack Clothes for Moving
Clothes include everything from dresses and coats to shoes and accessories. There are some different ways when it comes to fold them in packing materials and pack them in the boxes. All these basic moving tips are provided here. Read on to know more.
Before Packing Clothes
Before you start packing the clothes, there are certain things that you have to keep in mind:
- Assess the closet: Before you begin to pack your clothes, you have to assess the entire closet. You need to look at what you have including bags, shoes, hats and clothes. Make sure you declutter your move as much as possible.
- Sort your closet: Once you have assessed the entire closet, you have to sort what to donate, sell and what to take. Create piles for each category and sort the clothes.
- Wash or dry clean: When you have decided the clothes and accessories you are taking, you have to clean and wash them before packing.
How to pack?
Moving professionals say once you have shortlisted the clothing items and cleaned them, it is time for packing. You have to bring the best packing boxes along with good quality wrapping papers to pack the clothes. Follow these steps to pack the clothes:
- Pack according to season: It is better to pack the clothes based on seasons. That means, you have to pack your coats, jackets, sweaters etc. in one box. Pack each of these items properly in packing papers and then keep it in the box.
- Pack the shoes: Assign one or two boxes solely for the shoes. Clean the shoes properly and then pack them well with bubble wrap. Once done, put the shoes in the boxes.
- Hang the blazers and suits: There are wardrobe styled packing boxes available that you can avail for hanging your clothing items that cannot be folded. This will help you to keep the clothes in the right way.
- Pack the bags: While packing the bags, you have to make sure that there is nothing in the bag. Having cosmetic products, makeup or any other thing in the bag can damage the bag while moving because of spilling or crushing.
There are many moving day tips to consider to help keep you on track. Are you worried about what is the best way to pack clothes for moving? Well, follow these above mentioned tips and tricks to pack your clothes in the right way. Packing in the right way is very important when you are moving and you need to ensure that you are not taking any risk. Ensure that you are using the best quality packing papers and boxes to secure your clothes, accessories and shoes in the best way possible.